The Hidden Costs of On-premise Software
Find out exactly how cloud content management improves ROI in a short period of time. Here are a few items that are often overlooked when considering costs for a new on-premise solution:
- Hidden cost #1: Before you even talk about software you need to explore hardware.
- Hidden cost #2: Once you have a server, it will need an operating system on it– add licensing costs for that.
- Hidden cost #3: Now that you have the server, you will need a database for the document management system to use.
- Hidden cost #4: You’ve setup your hardware and need to purchase software and pay the additional maintenance fees that entitle you to upgrades and customer support each year.
- Hidden cost #5: It’s time to install your software. With an average implementation time of 2-4 weeks you are looking at an expensive consulting bill.
- Hidden cost #6: Add some costs for user training so your employees can utilize the software.
- Hidden cost #7: If you need to access information from outside the office or share documents between locations, you will need to set up more servers and VPN connections between offices. This is a very commonly overlooked cost.
- Hidden cost #8: Don’t forget to backup those documents! You will need some additional hardware to take care of that or else will have to pay someone to take all of those backups off-site.
How does Docassist cloud document management provide an enterprise class solution while eliminating these hidden costs?
- No hardware or licensing costs. There are no servers to buy, no hardware to setup, and no licensing costs to incur. Just a predictable monthly fee for our service.
- No installation of software or complicated upgrades. With Docassist, you are always using the latest version. There are no installation CD or DVD discs to install. All you need is your web browser. When we add a feature, everyone can easily access it next time they sign in to their account. There aren’t any fees associated with this. It’s all included with your account.
- Quick implementation. Docassist is easy to use. Most of our customers are up and running in under 2 weeks. If you need help with your account setup, we have a team dedicated to understanding your needs and making sure our service works as you expect.
- Accessible from anywhere. Docassist lets you access your documents using a web browser. Need to access certain documents from another location? Just login from that location. Need to send a vendor a copy of a document? E-mail it right from Docassist. If you don’t want employees to access information remotely, restrict access to certain IP addresses. No complicated VPN tunnels necessary and no extra servers needed for remote access.
- Your data is safe and backed up. Your documents are always safe. If you were to experience a disaster at your office you would have peace of mind of knowing that your documents are safely stored in a remote location.
- No hidden costs. Your annual fee includes document management services, training, unlimited support, and upgrades.
A cloud based solution lets you leverage advanced, enterprise-class functionality at an affordable price. It lets you focus on your business rather than worrying about all these technology issues, updates, support, and unexpected costs.